The Profound treatment is a revolutionary new skin treatment and the first FDA approved RF micro needling device for use on both the face and body. This minimally invasive treatment is clinically proven to stimulate collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid, three essential elements of firm, youthful and tight skin. The Profound system does all this without surgery, fillers or toxins.
HOW DOES THE PROFOUND SYSTEM WORK?
– The Profound system uses RF injectable energy to induce the body’s natural healing response. The body’s response to the micro needling results in the creation of new and youthful skin components. Profound treatment is known to dramatically improve aging skin, so you can look years younger.
WHAT IS THE PROFOUND TREATMENT LIKE?
– The Profound treatment begins with the practitioner using a local anesthetic to ensure the patient feels minimal pain, if any. Profound is a very minimally invasive skin procedure and can be repeated after 6 to 9 months for maintaining the skin’s youthful appearance. The practitioner then uses the attached Profound handpiece to deliver injectable energy to the deeper layers of the skin at the exact amount of time, temperature and depth where treatment is most effective. At Bluewater Plastic Surgery, we ensure you’re comfortable and relaxed before starting a Profound treatment since the skin micro needling procedure takes roughly an hour to complete, start to finish, per body part being treated.
WHO SHOULD GET PROFOUND TREATMENT
The revolutionary Profound treatment is perfect for anyone who wishes their skin was firmer or tighter but does not feel like the right candidate for a facelift. Not only for face, Profound is also a great treatment for thighs and necks! Schedule your consultation at Bluewater Plastic Surgery today.
What is the Profound treatment?
– The Profound treatment is a nonsurgical alternative for treating facial wrinkles and the appearance of cellulite. It combines radiofrequency (RF) energy with ultrafine needles (microneedles) to renew your skin from within. Healthcare providers across the globe rely on the Profound treatment to provide lasting wrinkle and/or cellulite reduction for their patients.
What does the Profound system treat?
– It delivers precise temperatures to the deep layers of your skin, exactly where energy delivery is most beneficial. This energy breaks down tissue in order to trigger your body’s natural healing process, stimulating your body to naturally create new elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid to revitalize the skin and build new, healthy tissue.
How is the Profound treatment different from other treatments for wrinkles and cellulite?
– This is the only RF injectable energy treatment that stimulates and triggers the creation of new elastin, collagen, and hyaluronic acid—the 3 skin fundamentals for smooth, youthful-looking skin. The Profound treatment is what helps patients get the snap back to their aging skin.
What role does collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid play in creating smooth, youthful-looking skin?
– These 3 skin fundamentals are important in keeping our skin strong, elastic, and flexible. When their levels drop, facial wrinkles may appear. Collagen is the glue that holds our skin together. Elastin helps skin to return to its original position when it is poked or pinched. Hyaluronic acid is a gel-like liquid that improves skin hydration, stimulates the production of collagen, and helps skin to maintain its elasticity.
What should I expect from a Profound treatment?
– Prior to treatment, you will have a personalized Profound treatment consultation to determine your goals and to establish the target area for treatment. On the day of your treatment, a local anesthetic may be applied to help you manage comfort. We’ll administer treatment with the Profound system handpiece, which will deliver pulses of energy to the targeted areas.
How soon can I return to my normal daily activities after treatment?
– Typically, patients can return to their normal activities within 24 hours after treatment. We’ll discuss your individual care plan and recovery during your initial consultation.
Are there any side effects from the Profound treatment for wrinkle reduction?
– After your Profound treatment for facial wrinkle reduction, you may experience minor swelling or bruising. In clinical studies, these events resolved within 5 to 10 days, depending on the treatment area and anesthesia protocol.
Are there any side effects from the Profound treatment for cellulite reduction?
– After your Profound treatment for improving the appearance of cellulite, you may experience some redness and soreness on the treated area. In clinical studies, these side effects were mild and resolved on their own.
How many treatments will I need to see results?
– The Profound treatment is clinically proven to create smooth, younger-looking skin with only 1 nonsurgical treatment. In clinical studies, it was shown to reduce facial wrinkles in 100% of patients, and 94% of treated thighs showed an improvement in cellulite appearance after 1 treatment.
Is this treatment considered plastic surgery?
– No, the Profound treatment is not plastic surgery, nor is it a facelift. It is a nonsurgical procedure that offers lasting results.
If I’ve had cosmetic procedures done in the past, could I still be a candidate for the Profound treatment?
– Yes, the Profound treatment could help to complement your prior cosmetic surgery results.